Pools may be the most popular backyard amenity, but a backyard fire pit is an exceptional, less common way to convert your property into your very own resort! It’s truly a wonderful hardscape yard feature for families who like to relax and entertain out back. Just take a look at some of the coveted advantages it offers.
Why Install a Backyard Fire Pit?
- A fire pit adds a great deal of ambiance to your backyard oasis, stimulating all the senses with its colorful glow, dancing flames, crackling sounds, smoky scent, and warmth.
- It gives off considerable heat, facilitating use of the backyard when it’s chilly or downright cold out.
- Because of the above, fire pits can expand your entertaining space to the outdoors when it would otherwise be unpleasant.
- The fire illuminates the area, making the yard safer and more usable at night.
- The added light reduces the need for artificial lighting, lowering energy bills and your carbon footprint over time.
- Flames deter many types of insects, as opposed to artificial lights that tend to attract them.
- Romance! Where better to sip a glass of wine with that special someone than alongside your own personal fire beneath the stars?
- Contemporary fire pits give you easy control over the size of the fires, so you can adjust the heat, light, and mood as you like.
- When you work with a skilled hardscape installer, you have endless customization options to capture and show off your personal style.
- It creates a gathering point and communal feeling that makes your get-togethers more inviting and memorable (especially with a seating wall installed around it).
- Toasted marshmallows and s’mores!
- A controlled fire is a deeply relaxing, even meditative presence.
- What a great way to warm up and dry off after a dip in the pool!
- It adds value and major appeal to your home, two big benefits for resale.
- Your guests will be jealous.